Effective Date: September 13, 2022
Please click here for a printable PDF version of this notice.
- on our Sites;
- in emails, texts, and other electronic messages between you and Remedy Drinks; and
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
This Policy, does not, however, apply to information:
- collected by us offline or through any means other than as set forth above; or
- collected by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from any of our Sites. Please review the privacy policies on those websites and applications directly to understand their privacy practices. We value and seek to protect the integrity of our Sites and welcome any feedback about third-party links.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information from you directly, from the devices you use to interact with us, and from third parties. We may combine information from the Services together and with other information we obtain from our business records. We may use and share information that we aggregate (compile to create statistics that cannot identify a particular individual) or de-identify (strip information of all unique identifiers such that it cannot be linked to a particular individual) at our discretion.
Information you provide to us
You may provide the following information to us directly:
- Contact information, including name, email address, telephone number, and mailing address.
- Health information, when you submit product reviews or feedback.
- Age and gender when you submit product reviews.
- Location information when you provide your zip code via our product locator.
- Information contained in your communications to us, including content provided in survey responses, completing online forms, or call recordings of customer service calls.
- Information you make available to us via a social media platform.
- Content provided to enter promotions, such as contests, sweepstakes, or games.
- You may also provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of our Sites or transmitted to other users of our Sites or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”), for example, when you post a review about our products. Please be aware that your User Contributions are available to the general public and therefore are posted on our Sites and transmitted to others at your own risk, as we cannot control the actions of other users of our Sites who will have access to your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed and/or used by unauthorized persons.
- Any other information you submit to us.
Information collected through automatic data collection technologies
Like many websites, we, and partners working on our behalf, use tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons, log files, and similar digital tracking technologies to record your preferences, track the use of our Sites, and measure exposure to our online advertisements. We may also use these technologies to monitor traffic, improve the Sites, and make it easier to use and more relevant.
These digital tracking technologies may collect the following:
- Device information, including IP address, location information, device identifiers, and details about your web browser.
- Analytical information, including details about your interaction with our website, app, and electronic newsletters.
- Diagnostic information, including web traffic logs.
- Advertising information, including special advertising and other unique identifiers that enable us or third parties working on our behalf to target advertisements to you. Please be aware that our advertising partners may collect information about you when you visit third-party websites or use third-party apps. They may use that information to better target advertisements to you on our behalf.
- Business record information, including records of your purchases of our products.
The following is a list of our partners who collect the information described above. Please follow the links to find out more information about the partner’s privacy practices or see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” section below for information on how you can opt out of targeted advertisements on our Sites.
|Partner||Information Type Collected|
|Google Analytics||Analytics; Advertising|
Information we collect from other sources
We may collect the following information about you from third-party sources:
- Contact information and information about your interests and purchases, from consumer data providers.
- Information about your interests and activities from social networks and other places where you choose to share information publicly.
- Information about your interaction with advertisements on our Services, or ads that we place on third party websites, from online advertising companies.
- If you decide to invite others to engage with us, we will collect your and the other person’s names, email addresses, and/or phone numbers to send an email or text message and follow up with the other person. You agree that you will obtain the other person’s consent before giving us his or her contact information. You also agree that you will not send us the contact information of a minor. We will inform any other person you invite that you gave us his or her information in the invitation email.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present our Sites and their content to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our Sites or any products we offer or provide though them;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Sites;
- to improve or grow our Sites, including to understand how our Sites are being used, our customer base and purchasing trends, and the effectiveness of our marketing;
- to contact you about our products that may be of interest to you and other direct marketing services;
- to protect and secure our Sites, assets, network, and business operations, and to detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal;
- to comply with legal process, such as warrants, subpoenas, court orders, and lawful regulatory or law enforcement requests and to comply with applicable legal requirements; and
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
We may disclose or share information that we collect as described in this Policy:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to business partners or other organizations for marketing purposes;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and/or to perform business functions on our behalf;
- to social media platforms when you interact with us on those platforms;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our equity or assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information about our Sites’ users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent;
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to enforce or apply our Terms of Service or any other agreement; or
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Remedy Drinks, our customers, or others.
- To the extent that we receive protected health information about you, that information is subject to electronic disclosure to the extent permitted by applicable law.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of our Sites. Also please keep in mind that unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Sites and any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Sites.
Our Sites are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under the age of 16 may provide any information to or on our Sites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on any of our Sites or through any of their features, use any of the interactive or public comment features of any of our Sites, or provide any information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent or from California consumers under the age of 16 without that consumer’s consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFER
We may collect, process, and store your information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the United States regarding information may be different from the laws of your country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Tracking Technologies and Advertising
Email Promotional Offers
If you receive communications from us to promote our products or services, you can opt-out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in our emails. This opt out does not apply to transactional or relationship-related emails from us, such as information about the status of your order, a response to your request for information, or legal notices.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can learn more about the options available to limit these third parties’ use of your information by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance. Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt-out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings. For more information about how to change these settings, see the support information for Apple, Android or Windows devices.
Jurisdiction Specific Rights
You may have certain rights with respect to your personal information depending on your location or residency. Please see “privacy disclosures for specific jurisdictions” below. Please contact us to exercise your rights.
PRIVACY DISCLOSURES FOR SPECIFIC JURISDICTIONS
The California “Shine the Light” Law
If you are a California resident and customer, you are entitled to once a year, free of charge, to request and obtain certain information regarding the disclosure of certain categories of personal information about you by us and our related companies to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes in the preceding year. To make such a request, please send your request to email@example.com.
The California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with rights to receive certain disclosures regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of information about them, as well as rights to know/access, delete, and limit disclosure of personal information. You have the right to be free from discrimination based on your exercise of your CCPA rights. To the extent that we collect personal information that is subject to the CCPA, that information, our practices, and your rights are described below.
Notice at Collection Regarding the Categories of Personal Information Collected
You have the right to receive notice of the categories of personal information we collect and the purposes for which we use personal information. The following table summarizes the categories of personal information we collect, the categories of sources of that information, and whether we disclose or sell that information to service providers or third parties, respectively; and the criteria we use to determine the retention period for such information. The table also summarizes the categories of “sensitive” personal information that we collect, the purposes for which such information is used, and whether we sell or share such information. The categories we use to describe personal information are those enumerated in the CCPA. We collect this personal information for the purposes described in “Use and Disclosure of Information We Collect.”
|Category||Information Type||Source||We disclose to:||We sell to/share with:|
|Identifiers||· Contact information or personal characteristics (name; email address; postal address; telephone number)
· Social media handles
|You; our social media pages||Service Providers||Business partners|
|Health Information||· Protected health information
· Physical or mental status or ailments
|You||Service Providers||Not sold/shared|
|Protected Classifications and Other Sensitive Data||· Gender||You||Service Providers||Not sold/shared|
|Commercial Information||· Transaction information
· Order history
|You||Service Providers||Not sold/shared|
|Geolocation Information||· Precise (information that describes location with more precision than ZIP code, e.g., GPS data)
· Coarse (information that describes location at ZIP code-level or less precision)
|You; our analytics and advertising partners||Service Providers||Advertising partners (coarse location only)|
|Internet or Electronic Network Activity Information||· IP address
· Device identifier (e.g., MAC)
· Advertising identifier (e.g., IDFA, AAID)
· Information provided in URL string (e.g., search keywords)
· Cookie or tracking pixel information
· Information about your interaction with our website, app, email correspondence, or products
· Browsing history
· Search history
· Diagnostic information (e.g., crash logs, performance data)
|You; our analytics and advertising partners||Service Providers||Advertising partners|
|Audio, Electronic, Visual, Thermal, Olfactory, or Similar Information||· Call recordings
|You; social media partners||Service Providers||Not sold/shared|
|Inferences Drawn About You||· User profile reflecting preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes||You; our analytics and advertising partners||Service Providers||Advertising partners|
|Content of Communications||· Contents of phone calls, emails, or text messages
|You||Service Providers||Not sold/shared|
|Contacts||· List of contacts that you supply to us||You||Service Providers||Advertising partners|
We determine the retention period for each of the categories of personal information listed above based on (1) the length of time we need to retain the information to achieve the business or commercial purpose for which it was obtained, (2) any legal or regulatory requirements applicable to such information, (3) internal operational needs, and (4) any need for the information based on any actual or anticipated investigation or litigation.
Entities to whom we disclose information for business purposes are service providers, which are companies that we engage to conduct activities on our behalf. We restrict service providers from using personal information for any purpose that is not related to our engagement. Entities to whom we “sell” or with whom we “share” information are third parties. Under the CCPA, a business “sells” personal information when it discloses personal information to a company for monetary or other benefit. A company may be considered a third party either because we disclose personal information to the company for something other than an enumerated business purpose under California law, or because its contract does not restrict it from using personal information for purposes unrelated to the service it provides to us. A business “shares” personal information when it discloses personal information to a company for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising.
Your rights under the CCPA
- Opt-out of sale or sharing of personal information: You have the right to opt-out of our sale of your personal information to third parties. To exercise this right, please contact us. Please be aware that your right to opt out does not apply to our disclosure of personal information to service providers.
- Limit the use of your sensitive personal information: You have the right to limit our use of your sensitive personal information if we use such information to infer characteristics about you; however, we do not use your sensitive personal information for this purpose. Your right to limit our use of such information is subject to exceptions.
- Know and request access to and deletion of personal information: You have the right to request access to personal information collected about you and information regarding the source of that personal information, the purposes for which we collect it, and the third parties and service providers with to whom we sell or disclose it. You also have the right to request in certain circumstances that we delete personal information that we have collected directly from you. Please contact us to exercise these rights.
We may offer you the opportunity to participate in special promotions and programs from time to time. Your participation is voluntary. If we provide this offer, we will obtain your consent to collect your Personal Information in connection with your participation. The category of Personal Information we collect is your Personal Identifiers, such as name and contact information, which we use to facilitate your participation in the program and to market to you. If we run the program jointly with a business partner, we may disclose the information to that business partner.
You may opt in to the program using the means we present to you, such as an online registration page, at the time we make the offer. You may opt out of the program at any time by following the instructions in the “Contacting Us, Submitting Requests, and Our Response Procedures” section below.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Currently, we do not engage in such sales. If you are a Nevada resident and would like more information about our data sharing practices, please contact us.
CONTACTING US, SUBMITTING REQUESTS, AND OUR RESPONSE PROCEDURES
Submitting requests: You may request to exercise your rights by sending us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that is associated with your account. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response. You will not be permitted to examine information related to any other person or entity.
User Contributions: Users who post User Contributions on our Sites may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we delete any of your User Contributions. However, even if your User Contributions are deleted from our Sites, copies of your User Contributions may nonetheless remain viewable in cached and archived page copied or stored by other users. Proper access and use of information provided through User Contributions is governed by our Terms of Service.
Verification: You may be required to provide us with sufficient information to verify your identity prior to accessing any records containing information about you. We verify your identity by asking you to provide personal identifiers that we can match against information we may have collected from you previously. We may need to follow up with you to request more information to verify identity.